Look for me at …
- Politics and Prose Bookstore, in Washington, DC for “The Pleasures and Practices of Journaling” (September-October 2018)
- HippoCamp: A Conference for Creative Nonfiction Writers, in Lancaster, PA, for “Crafting the Lyric Essay” (August 2018)
- Big Blue Marble Bookstore, Philadelphia, PA, for “On Sundays We Write: Writing the ‘Hermit Crab’ Essay, or How to Use Borrowed Forms to Structure Your Work” (17 June 2018)
And occasionally at …
- The Writer’s Center, Bethesda, MD.
- The Center for Prayer and Pilgrimage at the Washington National Cathedral for spiritual writing gatherings and writing-based pilgrimages.
Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- May 2010 – Co-instructor of “Personal Essay and Narrative Medicine,” an elective writing class for medical students
American University, Washington, DC
- College Writing Program, Department of Literature, September 2001 – August 2009 — Full-time instructor of three writing courses each term (honors and non-honors composition courses, composition courses for students with learning disabilities, introductory creative writing and creative nonfiction courses, honors colloquia), service on department committees, advising and mentoring
New York University
- Expository Writing Program, September 1998 – May 2001 –Instructor of honors and non-honors composition courses for first-year student
- Creative Writing Program, Spring 2000, Fall 2000 –Instructor of introductory classes of creative writing, which included work with both fiction and poetry